NEOTEC Program

Non-refundable grant for technology startups


Non-refundable grant.


Startup less than 3 years old and more than 6 months old


Project with a high technological component


Contribution of up to 70% of the requested budget. Maximum amount awarded by CDTI 250,000€.


No personal guarantees.


9 years, with a 7 year grace period


The company must make or have recently made a capital injection


Participatory loans


Applied in two sections. The first tranche will be Euribor + 3.25% and the second will be an additional 6% maximum depending on the company's profitability.


They do not require personal guarantees or guarantees, which makes it much more interesting than a traditional bank loan

Title 6

Text 6
NEOTEC offers funding to promote the creation and development of businesses with a high technological component. This aid is intended for recently created technology-based companies, with a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 3 years old.
What is the maximum amount of the NEOTEC grant?
CDTI's contribution through NEOTEC will under no circumstances exceed 70% of the total project budget. The remaining 30% must be provided by the company's partners in the form of monetary contributions before signing the contract with CDTI. The maximum amount that can be aspired to is 250,000€.

Those companies that incorporate the figure of doctors dedicated to innovation will be able to access subsidies of up to €325,000 or 85% of the total project budget.
What is the purpose of the aid?
The purpose of NEOTEC is to partially finance the creation phase of a technology-based company. The company must have a clear R&D plan with a high technological level. The objective is to support novice entrepreneurs, not to support the diversification of other existing companies or established entrepreneurs.
What types of companies can benefit from this grant?
Startups or small businesses that are less than 3 years and more than 6 months old at the time the aid is granted, with a minimum written capital of €20,000 and that can demonstrate their innovative nature.

In addition, companies, in order to be beneficiaries of NEOTEC aid from CDTI, must be able to demonstrate their innovative nature, through the report of an external expert that certifies the future development of new products or services (or the improvement of these) with respect to the state current technology in the sector, implicitly carrying a certain risk of technological or industrial failure; or through the justification of an auditor who certifies that the company's R&D costs represent at least 10% of the total operating costs.

Those projects in which the business plan presented does not evidence continuity in the development of technology, as well as those companies that carry out any type of activity that causes environmental damage, will not be able to be beneficiaries of the subsidies.
How do CDTI evaluate NEOTEC projects?
- Business plan: The company must present both an executive summary and a commercial exploitation plan.
- Technology and degree of innovation: This is the most relevant criterion and the first to be evaluated (projects that do not reach the minimum threshold will be directly discarded without the need to evaluate the rest of the criteria).
- Management capacity of the entrepreneurial team.
- Socioeconomic and environmental impact.
What costs are eligible?
Investments in fixed assets, personnel expenses, materials, external collaborations and other costs.
How is the disbursement of NEOTEC aid?
The aid is disbursed in two tranches. The first tranche is made by bank transfer 15 days after signing the contract for 40, 50 or 60% (depending on the result of the evaluation) of the total amount of the approved aid. The second tranche, for the remaining amount, is carried out once the final amount of the project's expenses and investments has been credited to the CDTI (therefore it is not received until the project is finished).
What conditions does it require?
Certification from an external auditor who certifies that the company's R&D expenses exceed 15% of its total operating expenses for at least one of the three years prior to the granting of the aid or, if it is a new company, according to the audit of the current fiscal year.
Are you an entrepreneur?
We want to meet you!
Send us your project
Other services
Cervera Program
Funding for startups and SMEs that develop projects in cooperation with technology centers
See more
PID Program
Funding for Research and Development Projects
See more
NEOTEC Program
Non-refundable grant for technology-based startups
See more